Ludum Dare 30 — August 22nd-25th 2014 — Theme: ??? (Suggest a Theme)
  • Ludum Dare 30 Begins: in 25 days, 6 hours, 31 minutes, 29 seconds
  • [ Real World Gatherings | Ludum Deals (coming soon) | MiniLD #53 ]

You Have to Save Everyone but There Isn’t Much Time!

Posted by (twitter: @ExciteMike)
    May 24th, 2009 9:09 am

Here’s what a not-quite-final version of my entry looks like.  The game is fully playable and probably won’t change a whole lot now in the 8 hours or so that are left.

YHtSEbTIMT screem

You can try it here.

I also figured that a hey let’s playtest each other’s games mailing list would probably be cool to have?  link.

6 Responses to “You Have to Save Everyone but There Isn’t Much Time!”

1. Terry says:

It doesn’t seem to be loading for me :o Are you using a progress event in the preloader, by any chance?

2. ExciteMike says:

Yes. Shoot, now I’m getting it too. I will try and fix that. Thanks!

3. Terry says:

I’ve had that problem before too :/ You can just use the usual enterframe event to fix it though, and use something like this to get your percentage loaded:

var p:Number = this.loaderInfo.bytesLoaded / this.loaderInfo.bytesTotal;

4. Terry says:

er, not that you asked, sorry :/ I just remember that particular flash bug driving me crazy when I encountered it…

5. ExciteMike says:

I think it’s fixed. There seemed to be some issue with my FTP program, making the file bigger every time I reuploaded.

6. increpare says:

beautiful game beautiful beautiful beautiful!